Home > Crossway Blog > Max McLean Audio Now Streamed from the ESV Online Edition

Max McLean Audio Now Streamed from the ESV Online Edition

You can now hear Max McLean read passages from the entire ESV at the ESV Online Edition. (The current audio, read by Marquis Laughlin, only covers the New Testament.)

Here’s how to hear it:

1. Go to the Options page at the ESV Online Edition.
  2. Choose either “Flash (read by Max McLean)” or “MP3 (read by Max McLean)” in the “Audio format” box and press the “Save” button.
  3. Search for a passage (for example, 1 Corinthians 13:8-13).
  4. Click the “Listen” link.

Thanks for the comments you made on our post where we asked for advice about audio formats. You persuaded us to offer the audio in both Flash and mp3 formats.

The audio is for streaming only, not for saving to your computer and playing on your iPod. Please buy the mp3s if you want to do that.

We recommend using Flash if you can (you need Flash 7 or higher). With the mp3s, you’ll hear a slight break between verses.

The audio is part of a beta test, meaning that Crossway may not have worked out all the bugs. Please let them know anonymously or by email if you encounter any problems.

January 27, 2006 | Posted in: Uncategorized | Author: Crossway Staff @ 4:51 pm | (5) Comments »

5 Comments

1. [...] Here you can here Max McLean reading the ESV Bible online. I don’t know a lot about that version, but many people I like like it very much. [...]

Pingback by Buried Treasure Books: Weblog » Neat Stuff on the Internet — February 1, 2006 @ 4:02 am

2. In an effort to stay away from work and blogging for the weekend, I thought I would offer some links to keep everyone busy for the next couple of days. Here is a sampling of what caught my attention this week in the blogosphere and

Trackback by Weekend Roundup — January 18, 2007 @ 4:21 pm

3. Well I found this very cool thing today: ESV Bible Audio On the ESV.org website you can do a search and hear exactly the specific passage your are looking for. I was way impressed and totally loving it. Hmmm.. maybe I can start doing my

Trackback by ESV Bible Online - Streamed Audio — January 18, 2007 @ 4:21 pm

4. I just read at Between Two Worlds that you can listen to the entire English Standard Version audio bible online for free now . If you’re reading through the Bible this year, this could be a fresh way to hear some of those Old Testament

Trackback by English Streaming Version — January 18, 2007 @ 4:21 pm

5. You can now stream Max McLean’s reading of the whole Bible (ESV translation) for free.

Trackback by ESV Audio Streamed — January 18, 2007 @ 4:21 pm

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.