The latest version of the iPhone firmware (1.1.3), which came out Tuesday, lets you add the ESV to the home screen of your iPhone for quick access. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure you’re running the latest version of the iPhone firmware. (On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > About. The “Version” should be 1.1.3.) If you’re not running the latest version, sync your iPhone with iTunes (which may also require updating—use Help > Check for Updates) and install the latest version.
- Visit www.esv.org/mobile using Safari on your iPhone.
- Press the + sign at the bottom of the iPhone screen.
- Press the “Add to Home Screen” button.
- (Optional.) Change the name from “ESV Bible” if you want.
- Press the “Add” button at the top of the screen.
You now have an “ESV Bible” button right on your home screen for easy access to the ESV wherever you are.
This technique will also work with any of the mobile ESV devotions. Just go to the devotion you want and follow steps 3-6 above. You’ll have a button on your home screen that always takes you straight to the current day’s reading.
If you ever want to delete the ESV button on the home screen, just press it and hold it down. The buttons will start wiggling. Press the little “X” in the top left corner of the ESV button, and it will disappear.