Have you considered using your iPod for Scripture memorization?
Blogger B.C. McWhite walks you through the steps for downloading and transferring passages of the ESV to your iPod or any MP3 player:
- Open another browser tab so that you can refer back to these instructions as you do what I tell you to do.
- Go to the ESV Online site.
- In the top right corner, click on the “Options” tab.
- Under “Audio Options,” click in one of the buttons for MP3 (I use David Cochran Heath because he has the most “normal” sounding voice).
- At the bottom left of the page, click the “Save” button (that should open a page that says, “Your preferences have been saved” at the top).
- Type the passage you want (e.g. Ephesians 4:29 or Matthew 6:25-34) into the search bar and click “search.”
- When the passage comes up, you should see a link that says “Listen” next to the passage reference. Control-click (silly PC users right-click) on the “Listen” tab. A menu box should come up. Click on “Save Link As…”
- When the box pops up, you will have to add an extension name on the end of the title if it doesn’t have one. So, for example, if the title of your selection is “49004029″ then you need to add .mp3 on the end, so that it reads “49004029.mp3″. Save the file to your Desktop.
- Find the file on your desktop and open it with iTunes or Windows Media Player, or whatever you use. You can then load it onto your iPod, MP3 player, or burn it onto a CD for your car.
Read the entire post.