We’ve been taking a closer look at Surprised By Grace this week. Tullian Tchividjian says, “I wrote Surprised by Grace because we all need to be.” Whether you consider yourself a rookie or you’ve been walking with Christ for years, you might want to check this out! Here’s our most recent reviews, excerpts, and giveaways:
- The Gospel Coalition Reviews: “Tullian Tchividjian’s book Surprised by Grace joins this movement of gospel-centered interpretation of the Old Testament by examining the Book of Jonah…Although a minister can use Surprised by Grace to shed light on the story of Jonah and glean several good illustrations for sermon preparation, I would encourage church leaders to use this tool in small group settings. Read the full review.
- Andrea Schultz: “I was greatly encouraged by this book. I have always been intrigued by the story of Jonah, and how his story is a foreshadowing of the resurrection of Jesus. It was interesting for Pastor Tullian to bring in information from other theologians, authors, etc…as well as provide his commentary for each verse of Jonah. I appreciate what I learned from this very valuable book, and am happy to see that the legacy of Billy Graham continues in this wonderful man.” Read her full review and how you can win a copy of Surprised by Grace.
- Allen Mickle: A featured excerpt on “Repentance“ and a chance to win a copy of the book!
- Christianity.com: A featured excerpt— “A Cure for Gospel Confusion“
- Bible Study Tools: A featured excerpt: “The Story Begins: God Calls“
- Zach Nielsen: A featured excerpt— “Grudges and Gospel“
- James Grant: “It is a good biblical theological study of Jonah that sees this prophet in light of the gospel.”
- Christian Book Previews: “Tullian Tchividjian shows his readers how the Book of Jonah brought him comfort and renewed his soul. In the process he demonstrates how God not only offers us the opportunity to be saved by grace, but God calls us to live by his grace on a daily basis.” Read the full review here.