Home > Crossway Blog > The ESV MacArthur Study Bible

The ESV MacArthur Study Bible

screen-shot-2010-08-18-at-81055-am

The MacArthur Study Bible is now available in the ESV.

John MacArthur’s 25,000 study notes have been combined with the full ESV text for the first time. Nearly every verse is accompanied with notes based on MacArthur’s verse-by-verse approach to teaching the Bible. Readers will benefit from 140 two-color maps, charts, timelines, illustrations, cross-references, concordance, and reading plans.

Crossway offers a lifetime quality guarantee on all leather and TruTone ® editions. Visit ESVMacArthurStudyBible.com for more information on features and available editions.

August 18, 2010 | Posted in: AAA - BLOG UPDATE,Bible News,Editions,ESV,ESV,News & Announcements,Study Bibles | Author: James Kinnard @ 4:34 pm | (39) Comments »

1. Any plans for a thinline large print edition?

Comment by Chuck Land — August 19, 2010 @ 12:00 am

2. Thinline large print ESV – not the study Bible

Comment by Chuck Land — August 19, 2010 @ 12:00 am

3. Chuck,
    We have looked at the possibility of a larger font in our Thinline Bibles before but discovered that it just wasn’t feasible to keep the popular size with the larger print. I’m sorry that we couldn’t find a way to have our cake and eat it too! Thank you for touching base with us.
    Best,
    Ben

Comment by bkrueger — August 19, 2010 @ 8:47 am

4. I am looking forward to ordering a leather version of this Study Bible. I have used the NASB version for years. Query: I would like to use the same version on my ipad. Are you going to devleop the ESV+ app with Macarthur’s study notes. Or could we buy an eversion of Macarthur’s Study Bible in the ibooks store or Kindle?

Comment by Matt — August 21, 2010 @ 8:38 pm

5. Matt,
    Yes! The ESV MacArthur Study Bible will be available on our e-reader platforms shortly. The ESV+ app option is a possibility we will consider.
    Thanks for checking in–

Comment by bkrueger — August 25, 2010 @ 10:07 am

6. Zondervan was able to make one for the NASB (http://www.amazon.com/NASB-Thinline-Bible-Large-Print/dp/0310917972).

Just curious as to why it wasn’t feasable. Thanks!

Comment by Chuck Land — August 26, 2010 @ 9:37 am

7. I have quickly become a big fan of your online version of the ESV Study Bible at http://www.esvonline.org/

Will I soon be able to incorporate MacArthur’s study notes into my ESV Online account?

Comment by Matthew Carroll — August 27, 2010 @ 2:45 am

8. Since we’re talking about thinline large print bibles (love the idea, even if it is 1.5 inches thick), I would love to see a ESV paragraph bible….even if it is gigantic. :)

Comment by John — August 28, 2010 @ 8:23 am

9. Any further word on when the calfskins will be available? Thanks.

Comment by Larry — August 30, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

10. ESV and MacArthur Study Notes all in one package, YES!!! Very precious….

One wish: a black TruTone edition.

Comment by Kyle Alyea — August 31, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

11. I ordered the calfskin ESV MacArthur Study Bible from Amazon & it hasn’t shipped yet. Also the local Family Christian Store & Barnes & Noble don’t have any of them in yet. Just wondering what the delay is.

Comment by Mike Gollen — September 3, 2010 @ 10:16 am

12. Can I get the esv for my pda?

Comment by Bob Hull — September 12, 2010 @ 12:06 am

13. Any plans for there to be a MacArthur ESV Study Bible in large print?

Comment by James Ritter — November 3, 2010 @ 10:01 am

14. You said:
    “The ESV MacArthur Study Bible will be available on our e-reader platforms shortly.”

I just bought a NookColor and would love to have an ePub version of it. When do you believe this will happen?

Comment by Dan Boddy — November 24, 2010 @ 2:16 am

15. I am sure hoping that there will be a large print edition! Please tell us that there is one in the making!!!

Comment by Cathy Fontenot — November 28, 2010 @ 6:06 pm

16. Dan — we’re working on it now, and expect to release the ESV MacArthur Study Bible for Nook (and Kindle, iPad, etc.) early in 2011.

Comment by Ted Slater — November 29, 2010 @ 8:26 am

17. Cathy and James — I’ve just learned that we may produce a large print MacArthur Study Bible in 2012, but there’s nothing currently set in stone.

I bet, though, that if you and your friends submitted your request here — http://www.crossway.org/forms/comment/ — we might see that date bumped up a bit. :-)

Comment by Ted Slater — November 30, 2010 @ 11:20 am

18. Is it possable to purchase the ESV MacArthur Study Bible in the French language?

Comment by Shaun McFall — December 12, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

19. Hi Ted can you notify me /all who are asking For esv ipad version when john mac esv for ipad is ready.

Any idea what month in 2011 it will be

Comment by Jay — December 29, 2010 @ 9:29 pm

20. I would like to purchase the ESV MacArthur Study Bible but cannot unless it is published in large print. The Mac Study Bible is published in large print in the NKJV so it should be able to be printed in the ESV. This would be a blessing to all that love the ESV and like MacArthur’s notes but are having trouble with their eye sight.

Comment by Paul — January 6, 2011 @ 8:01 am

21. Paul if you get the kindle or ipad you can increase the fonts to see it better.

Comment by Jay — January 9, 2011 @ 2:39 pm

22. Any plans for a MacArthur Study Bible APP for Ipod touch?

Comment by Dave — March 13, 2011 @ 5:47 am

23. I would like to purchase the ESV MacArthur Study Bible but cannot unless it is published in large print. I don’t care if the book will be big, it’s just easier to read for me with large print. I hope soon you will publish that study bible in LARGE PRINT.

Comment by Robert Rash — March 20, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

24. Need the larger print asap!!!

Comment by Kay — April 27, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

25. Surely there is a way to publish an
    economical large print thinline ESV
    with a (10.5 or 11 point font). Indeed, Zondervan publishes the NASB in this
    exact format. They also have a
    “Giant” print personal size NASB.
    It has dark type and the font
    is heavy and bold. It is very easy
    reading and hand friendly. I know
    several people who have abandoned the
    ESV because of the following factors:
    either the print is too small and light
    as in the Thinline edition, or the Bible
    is cumbersome as with the large print
    edition. They have elected to go back
    to the NASB because it is available in
    some very handy editions.

Comment by R. Daly — August 16, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

26. R. Daly, thank you for your comments. The ESV is quite young as a translation, and we are still building our product line. I’ve passed your feedback on to our Bible Project Manager, and we’ll make sure it’s discussed. Thanks again.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — August 17, 2011 @ 10:03 am

27. R. Daly, I was just informed by our Bible Project Manager that we have a Large Print Thinline Reference Bible scheduled for late 2012, but it’s still in the early planning phase. You’ll likely be able to read more about it the beginning of next year.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — August 17, 2011 @ 10:36 am

28. Thanks for the information Mr. Tebbe.
    I personally know of many, many people
    who have been waiting for an ESV large
    print thinline. It seems that a text
    edition, without the references, is
    preferred by most people based on what
    I have heard. A good quality, bold font
    on white paper in a hand friendly
    format is desired by most of the people
    to whom I have spoken since 2001. I
    believe the ESV is an excellent
    translation that can become a top two
    or three contender for market sales with
    the right format and marketing strategy.
    The NIV-2011 is available in a large
    print thinline edition that combines
    the best of both worlds. It is a true
    thinline and the print is 10.5. Anyway,
    I look forward to the large print thinline
    ESV.

Comment by R. Daly — August 20, 2011 @ 8:22 pm

29. A word of thanks—Love the 14 pt leather bound edition. I can now carry an ESV to church.. LOVE IT

Comment by Elmo — September 6, 2011 @ 10:41 am

30. Did I read that you hope to print a LARGE print ESV MacArthur study bible soon? Have you already produced this and if so where can I purchase one. Like many orhers, I must have the Large print kind. I find now that the ESV is the best one and really want the MacArthur ESV large print one. So Please hurry, if this has not been done.

Comment by gebailes — May 25, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

31. Gebailes, we don’t have firm plans for a Large Print MacArthur Study Bible just yet, but it’s been discussed. We’ll be sure to get the word out if/when we get it into our production schedule (it would likely not be soon). Sorry to disappoint!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — May 30, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

32. Count me in as another person wanting a LARGE PRINT ESV Macarthur Study Bible. I really want a Macarthur Study Bible, don’t have one yet, but all Bibles I buy these days much be large print. I love the ESV translation, and am trying to wait for y’all to do the large print, rather than purchase a large print in another translation.

Please keep in mind, there are probably many hundreds of thousands of people like me, just beginning to need large print, and that need isn’t going to decrease any time soon. Make it and we will buy! Blessings to you.

Comment by annieOK — August 19, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

33. PLEASE…PLEASE! My husband and I both want to use the MacArthur ESV Study Bible, but we need it in large text form. Please ask them to get one published.

Comment by Vivian West — September 3, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

34. Are there any plans for a red letter edition?

Bob

Comment by Feller — October 26, 2012 @ 10:20 am

35. I add my vote for the large print edition of the ESV MacArthur Study Bible!!

Ron Rhodes

Comment by Dr. Ron Rhodes — December 11, 2012 @ 11:58 am

36. Most likely the vast majority of blog site visitors have found that the strength of a new social websites campaign. In addition, a lot of people have found that that will promotional by way of advertising and marketing can escalate your web site ranks and revitalize your on line existence. Whatever the vast majority of web users have no idea can be -how you can funnel the strength of advertising and marketing thus on their smaller organisationrrrs advantages. These are just 6 tips which may assist you in your social websites opportunities. It is important to keep in mind with regards to social websites is that you simply want to create an appealing and unique content. This can be a kind of articles exactly who need to tell its acquaintances and enthusiasts on their societal single members. Establish articles which is educational and appealing, actually noone need to write about the item. Intriguing articles search engine optimisation sydney can travel a person’s eye of your enthusiasts and admirers. They will likely almost certainly like to write about them, that will raise your chances to become more enthusiasts and visitors. Leave space with regard to studies and blunders rrnside your advertising and marketing campaign, a inception. Watch for exactly what exactly and what is no longer working. Test every little thing. Produce adjustments while vital. An element that successful with regard to various companies may not be good enough. You might want to start learning on your studies and faults. When employing this type of promotional, you could have to adjust and charge your focus and goals all the time. In that position you can expect to stick to goal. Are available a new a number of causes that can consider your promotional off unforeseen approaches. Making it far better to re-evaluate your focus it is all the time. Practice it more regularly. Check your campaigns and find out what one is regarded as the good. xrtiu6fd8gf

Comment by kynpqgucl — March 16, 2013 @ 12:49 pm

37. Please publish a large print ESV McArthur Bible. I will buy 4 copies immediately.

Comment by Ken — April 16, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

38. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like
    you wrote the book in it or

something. I think that you can do with some pics
    to drive the message home a little bit, but

instead of that, this is excellent blog. An excellent read.
    I’ll definitely be back.

Comment by spain human Towers — April 25, 2013 @ 6:08 am

39. Are there any plans to issue an IOS7 update for the MacArthur ESV study bible, because my version does not work very well since the new IOS was released?

Comment by CharlesN — October 1, 2013 @ 11:04 pm