Home > Crossway Blog > Improved Navigation on The ESV Bible, Kindle Edition

Improved Navigation on The ESV Bible, Kindle Edition

We are pleased to announce that the same indexing feature that has been implemented on the new ESV Study Bible, Kindle Edition, is also now available on The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (ESV), Kindle Edition.

The ESV, Kindle Edition navigation is identical to the ESV Study Bible, Kindle Edition and uses the same abbreviations. Instructions for using this navigation feature can be found in the “How to Use the ESV Bible, Kindle Edition” section of the ebook, which can be accessed by selecting “Menu > Go To > Beginning.”

If you previously downloaded the ESV, Kindle Edition, you will need to contact Amazon Customer service to receive the new file. By choosing to receive the new file, unfortunately you will lose any saved notes, highlighting and bookmarks.

March 9, 2011 | Posted in: Digital | Author: Angie Cheatham @ 11:58 am | (12) Comments »

1. Will the same navigation be added to the ESV Study Bible for the NOOK? I love the ESV Study Bible, but navigation on the NOOK is not easy :)

Comment by Ricky Grubb — March 9, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

2. Thanks for your comment. We are currently researching and testing similar features that may enhance navigation on the Nook. Any updates will be announced here on our blog, so be sure to check in regularly with us.

Comment by Liz Young — March 9, 2011 @ 2:30 pm

3. In the description of the ESV Bible for Kindle on Amazon the date provided is still Nov. 29, 2007. Did they just forget to change the date or does that mean that it’s still the old version?

Comment by Joel — March 9, 2011 @ 5:49 pm

4. You should really change the cover image. It does not mesh well with the Kindle apps.

Comment by Philip — March 9, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

5. Thanks for the info. I just called Amazon.

The new navigation works great!

I have the Study Bible also and love it!

Comment by Stan McCullars — March 10, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

6. This Study Bible helps me a lot to write my own Bible Commentaries (sometimes I post them on hVerse by Verse Bible Comentary . Next week I buy an iPad. Is the ESV also available for it?

Comment by Simone — March 25, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

7. Hi Simone – The ESV Bible app is free on the iPad and the ESV Study Bible + is available for $14.99. Enjoy!

Comment by Angie Cheatham — March 28, 2011 @ 11:09 am

8. Hi, any difference between kindle version of Esv study bible and iPad esv study bible application? I have an iPad 2 with kindle app and was wondering which to buy:) thanks

Comment by Matt — June 1, 2011 @ 8:27 pm

9. Matt, both the kindle version of the ESV Study Bible and the study Bible app contain the same content as the print edition. The Kindle edition will be a great choice for those working with Kindle files across a number of devices (Kindle, desktop computer, iPhone, etc.). That said, the study Bible app was designed from the ground up for iOS devices and takes advantage of the iPad’s abilities. The iOS study Bible app also features full streaming audio for the entire Bible. Hope that helps!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — June 2, 2011 @ 9:15 am

10. Using a HP Touchpad Tablet and I cannot find how to search for a specific verse. The instructions mention a 5 way controller, which the kindle must have, but I cannot find an equivalent for on the Touchpad. There is mention of “menu” and “index”. I think I have found the menu, but there is no entry for “index”. How can I navigate to a specific verse using the HP Touchpad?

Comment by Mike Veit — October 12, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

11. Mike, I’m not sure about navigation with a HP Touchpad. You can post your question to our online help forum, where you’ll be able to communicate directly with our developers: http://community.crossway.org/crossway

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — October 13, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

12. I downloaded the holy bible, ESV, kindle edition, into my iPad 4th, and I could not open any book of the New Testament. Can you help?

Comment by Angel — January 15, 2013 @ 5:27 pm