Home > Crossway Blog > MacArthur Study Bible Online is here!

MacArthur Study Bible Online is here!

We’re excited to announce that the MacArthur Study Bible is now available to purchase as an online module within ESVOnline.org. Similar to what we developed for the ESV Study Bible, the MacArthur Study Bible module includes all the study notes, introductions, articles, illustrations, and maps found in the print edition.

We invite you to test drive the module for the next 30 days within your ESV Online account (sign-up for free if you don’t have an account).

John MacArthur’s knowledge of the Bible is evident through his rich teaching and writing ministry. The study notes to the MacArthur Study Bible were written by Dr. MacArthur himself and contain detailed information, explanation, and helpful insight. His notes are based on a verse-by-verse approach to the Bible and nearly forty years of careful study.

March 10, 2011 | Posted in: Digital,ESV | Author: Andrew Tebbe @ 3:08 pm | (18) Comments »

1. I logged in to my account, but I don’t see an option for it. I’d love to try it.

Comment by BibleReader — March 10, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

2. I checked with our Digital Media Project Manager and he suggested you make sure you’re clicking “content” and not “options.” You also might have to scroll down a bit in “content” to see the MacArthur module options.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — March 10, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

3. Thanks for the quick response — found it. To recap, the steps are:

1) Log in to http://www.esvbible.org
    2) Click blue (CONTENT|+) button.
    3) Scroll to MacArthur Study Bible Notes and MacArthur Study Bible Resources.
    4) Click “Try” switch.
    5) Click [Submit].

Comment by BibleReader — March 10, 2011 @ 4:30 pm

4. Will this be available on the ESV Study Bible iPhone app as well?

Comment by Daniel Spratlin — March 11, 2011 @ 4:08 am

5. There are plans to make this available on the iPhone app. We don’t have a launch date for this yet though. Stay tuned in the coming weeks/months!

Comment by Angie Cheatham — March 11, 2011 @ 10:35 am

6. I tried to click the content button, but it shows an error message on the bottom of the page. Any suggestions?

Comment by John — March 12, 2011 @ 10:36 am

7. I just bought the MacArthur esv online study bible, got my key code, but I’m unable to access it!

Comment by Hugh — July 24, 2011 @ 12:32 pm

8. I bought the code key for the online Bible. No luck. Cannot access it!

Comment by Hugh — July 24, 2011 @ 8:11 pm

9. Hugh, sorry to hear it isn’t working for you. To ensure we get this figured out quickly and effectively, can I ask you to contact our customer service department at either service@crossway.org, or at 1-800-543-1659? They’ll be able to either walk you through the process again or get you what you need. Thanks!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — July 27, 2011 @ 8:50 am

10. I had the blue content + icon but it left no longer there i clicked on it the screen went dark i had to back space to get out of it then the icon is gone and i cannot try the macarthur study bible. If you all get these sorted out i would like to try it before buying it thank you

Comment by Jerry — October 9, 2011 @ 8:34 pm

11. Jerry, we were experiencing some technical hiccups with ESVBible.org yesterday, but we’ve sorted them all out. I’d encourage you to try again. Everything should be up and running.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — November 22, 2011 @ 8:17 am

12. Is there a downloadable version of the McArthur Study Bible?
    Is there a NAS version of the McArthur Study Bible?
    Al

Comment by Albert Roth — May 8, 2012 @ 6:13 am

13. Albert,

We do have an ebook version of the MacArthur Study Bible that you can download to any ebook reader: http://www.crossway.org/books/the-macarthur-study-bible-ebook/ We only publish the ESV version of the MacArthur Study Bible, so I’m afraid you’d need to check with Thomas Nelson to see if a NASB ebook downloadable version is available. Hope that helps!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — May 8, 2012 @ 7:34 am

14. I really enjoy using the Bible and would like to have the capability of printing a complete chapter for forwarding or printing. I am able to print or forward a single verse only with my limited knowledge. Please teach me how to print or forward more than a single verse.

Comment by ralph kelley — August 26, 2013 @ 9:59 am

15. Can I still try the ESV MacArthur Study Bible for free for 30 days?

Comment by Chris — October 16, 2013 @ 12:24 am

16. Chris, yes, you should be able to!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — October 17, 2013 @ 8:16 am

17. Will there be an android app for the MacArthur Study Bible in the future?

Comment by JW Johnson — October 26, 2013 @ 8:07 am

18. Jeff,

I’m afraid we likely won’t be developing an Android app for the MacArthur Study Bible. Sorry to disappoint!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — October 28, 2013 @ 9:38 am