Home > Crossway Blog > ESV Online now ESVBible.org

ESV Online now ESVBible.org

Some of you may have already noticed, but the ESV Online is now ESVBible.org. Existing accounts will not be affected at all and your previous bookmarks should redirect until you can update them.

To help welcome first-time visitors to ESVBible.org, we’ve added a landing page introducing many of the Bible resources and tools within, including the new GreekTools. If you’re logged-in to your account, you’ll automatically bypass this page and go directly to the ESVBible.org platform.

Thanks for using ESVBible.org! We look forward to adding more features and content to assist you in your study of God’s Word.

May 4, 2011 | Posted in: Digital,ESV,ESVBible.org | Author: Andrew Tebbe @ 8:44 am | (35) Comments »

1. Getting a 502 Bad Gateway error for me at the moment.

Comment by mrben — May 4, 2011 @ 10:29 am

2. It looks like you’ve still got some fixes to make. I keep getting “502 Bad Gateway” error messages rather than the pages.

Comment by Rob — May 4, 2011 @ 10:30 am

3. Rob and mrben, try it now. We’re continually working on the site and its performance, so occasionally we have to take it offline for a few minutes. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — May 4, 2011 @ 10:46 am

4. @Andrew: Yes, it seems to be working for me now. Thank you!

Comment by Rob — May 4, 2011 @ 10:53 am

5. Working for me too. Thanks :)

Comment by mrben — May 4, 2011 @ 11:04 am

6. Awesome!!! Love ESV.

Comment by Lois — May 4, 2011 @ 11:25 am

7. I so appreciate your ministry! I’ve seen the 502 and 504 from your load balance quite a bit recently, but you folks are great at responding to concerns/requests. Adam has returned emails within minutes. Thank you kindly for what you are doing!

Comment by VerseOfTheDate — May 4, 2011 @ 1:32 pm

8. For some reason, I had to re-enter my codes for the study bible notes after this switch. Unfortunately, I’ve thrown away the one for my ESV Study bible hardcopy. For the Macarthur one, I was emailed the code. Is there a way to recover access to the study notes?

Comment by Kevin — May 4, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

9. I’m getting a “502 Bad gateway.”
    What’s wrong?

Comment by Eleanor Rupp — November 21, 2011 @ 4:41 am

10. Eleanor, we’re aware of the problem and are working to get it resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience! – Andrew

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — November 21, 2011 @ 9:20 am

11. We are getting the 502 Bad Gateway error as well.

Thank you for your ministry – my family listens to your Daily Bible Reading every day.

Thanks,
    Russell

Comment by Russell — November 21, 2011 @ 9:36 am

12. registration was completed and accepted but have not received for a download, acess code 22263UTT7RG89NHX

Comment by phillip todd — December 15, 2011 @ 11:04 am

13. Phillip, I’m sorry you’re having trouble, but I’m not sure what your specific problem is. Please contact customer service at service@crossway.org.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — December 23, 2011 @ 2:51 am

14. I know this is an old thread, but I am getting the Bad Gateway page when I try to access the study Bible.

Comment by Ken Ritchie — March 13, 2012 @ 12:17 am

15. Ken, sorry to hear you’re having some trouble when you try to access the study Bible. I’d suggest trying again. If you give it another shot and get the same message, can you let me know?

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — March 13, 2012 @ 8:19 am

16. Hi, I have recently purchased a ESV Study Bible. I recieved an access code with this Bible. I have experienced many unsuccessful attempts to register for the ESV Online Study Bible. Please Help. Regards, Derek.

Comment by Derek Huysamen — April 22, 2012 @ 9:43 am

17. Derek, sorry for your troubles registering the online Study Bible. Are you trying to register on ESVBible.org? You’ll need to set up your own account, and in the registration process there should be a field available where you can enter the access code that came with your Study Bible. If you continue to have difficulty I would suggest contacting Crossway’s customer service, who should be able to get you what you need: service@crossway.org. Hope that helps!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 23, 2012 @ 8:54 am

18. I have been trying to register on line but there does not appear to be provision to do so. I cannot put in my access code.

Comment by Ronald Crahart — July 18, 2012 @ 9:04 am

19. Ronald, sorry for the difficulty you’re experiencing registering online. Could you post more details here: http://community.crossway.org/crossway. This is our online forum where you’ll be able to interact directly with our developers.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — July 18, 2012 @ 9:06 am

20. I bought a new bible and need to register my access code 222CXYA3RG4L2MSG. cAN YOU ASSIST.

mIKE

Comment by M.SAGADAVEN — October 14, 2012 @ 1:17 pm

21. Mike, all you have to do is enter your code here:

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — October 15, 2012 @ 8:25 am

22. Kinda dispointed in this online Bible. When I first read it I thought it was a download were someone could use this Bible without going on the Internet. I’m not always looking at my Bible stuff while connected to the Internet so I appears
    this ESV Bible is lost 50% of what’s it’s worth to me because I have no access while I’m not connected. So I doubt I will use this hardly at all. VERY VERY dispointed. part of the wanting this was maybe having it downloaded into my computer. So the access code is a lost for me.
    Unless I’m missing something. Yes????

Comment by Robert Brown — November 21, 2012 @ 9:30 am

23. What more can be said. This Online Study Bible is a rip off.

Comment by Robert Brown — November 21, 2012 @ 9:33 am

24. Robert, I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment and unmet expectations. We don’t feel we’ve been misleading in how we’ve presented the product: by definition an online study Bible is one used while online, via some form of web browser.

As opposed to calling something a digital study Bible, which could be online, native to a computer, or in ebook form.

That said, I agree it would be worth looking into whether or not this is something we could bring offline as well. There are development limitations and expenses that have kept us from doing so up to now, but it’s possible the landscape will look different in the future. Thanks for your suggestion!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — November 21, 2012 @ 10:07 am

25. Received an access code with the purchase of my new ESV Study Bible. I tried to use this code to access the online version, and I keep getting a message that states “incorrect registered code”. Please advise. Thanks

Comment by Patsyanne — April 7, 2013 @ 3:04 pm

26. I am just trying to download offer found in my new ESVSB, but it appears that you have probems with your system? O Lord, may You soon fix this problem, amen.

Stab

Comment by Stan Stutzman — April 13, 2013 @ 2:42 pm

27. Patsyanne and Stan, if the two of you are having trouble registering the codes for your ESV Study Bibles, I would recommend contacting our developers: http://community.crossway.org/crossway or customer service: service@crossway.org. They should be able to walk you through whatever’s going on, and can get you access remotely if need be. Thanks!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 15, 2013 @ 9:28 am

28. i bout a Global study bible so am requesting for 1

Comment by richard — July 14, 2013 @ 8:35 am

29. its a very good study bible so i need 1 for a christian freind

Comment by richard — July 14, 2013 @ 8:37 am

30. i need a help on how to get a Global study bible

Comment by richard — July 14, 2013 @ 8:38 am

31. Hi Richard, you can request access for your friend here: http://globalstudybible.org/involved_request.html

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — July 15, 2013 @ 8:18 am

32. I am trying to access ESV Online Study Bible as a new user with the Assess Code given to me. I am not having success.

Comment by denise dahlberg — September 8, 2013 @ 5:45 am

33. I have given up using the ESV Online Study Bible,
    as a matter of fact my computer does even remember my pass word!

Comment by Stan Stutzman — September 9, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

34. My friend lost his online code a long time ago, didn’t know about it, threw it away, never activated it. Twice! I think it is so valuable that I want him to have it. What steps, if any, can he do to get a new code? Take a selfie with his ESVSB? :)

Comment by Jeremiah — October 6, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

35. Jeremiah, probably the quickest and easiest way for your friend to get a code would be for him to contact our customer service directly: service@crossway.org. Hope that helps!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — October 8, 2013 @ 1:07 pm