Home > Crossway Blog > Video: ESV Grow! Bible

Video: ESV Grow! Bible

This is a brief video for the ESV Grow! Bible, a new children’s Bible coming out in October.  We can’t wait to share more!

July 29, 2011 | Posted in: AAA - BLOG UPDATE,Bible News,ESV,News & Announcements,Video | Author: Andrew Tebbe @ 1:30 pm | (8) Comments »

1. Wow! I love the ESV translation, and that is what we use at home. I personally think that video is creepy! The music is weird. Perhaps something a little happier? I love Jesus, I love this website… I just think the movie was creepy.

Comment by Aria Randolph — August 7, 2011 @ 11:09 pm

2. I found that video to be entirely unhelpful. I would have liked to have seen images of the product. I have been very happy with the seek and find bible, but I am not happy with the ESV children’s bible (red cover) at all. My children found the poor quality illustrations scary.

Comment by ann — August 11, 2011 @ 2:25 am

3. Ann, thank you for your comments. We’re well aware the video didn’t contain product shots, etc. It was intended to be a trailer for the Grow! Bible. You can check out a sampler of the Bible containing the entire book of Genesis on its product page – http://www.crossway.org/grow – Regarding your comments on the Children’s Bible: it’s an older edition and as you can see we’re working on providing other age-appropriate editions parents can choose from.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — August 11, 2011 @ 9:50 am

4. I found it to be cool considering the movies and books kids are reading these days…Narnia, Tolkien, Potter, Golden Compass etc…

I took love the seek and find and I am hoping this new bible will be a great addition to our home library.

Comment by Debbie — August 11, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

5. I found the illustrations in the red cover version to be quite good, but was very disappointed that it contained images of Christ. What about the Grow Bible? Are there images of Christ? Since we consider that to be a violation of the second commandment, I would like to know before I purchase this edition for my daughter.

Comment by steve — November 20, 2011 @ 10:03 pm

6. Hi Steve – Yes, there are illustrations of Jesus in both the Grow Bible and the Seek and Find Bible.

Comment by Angie Cheatham — November 21, 2011 @ 8:56 am

7. Thanks, Angie. In that case I’ll get one of those sky blue thinlines for her instead. I appreciate the quick response!

Comment by steve — November 21, 2011 @ 9:07 am

8. No problem. Hope she enjoys it (that’s a really pretty design)!

Comment by Angie Cheatham — November 21, 2011 @ 10:13 am