Home > Crossway Blog > 10 Day Special on All Crossway Ebooks

10 Day Special on All Crossway Ebooks

Book lovers know there’s nothing quite like a brand new stack of books. With crisp pages not yet turned for the first time, it’s as if they’re calling to you!

Those of you just now experimenting with a digital reader, have you experienced the same? Here’s your chance to download a virtual stack of Crossway ebooks at a great price.

For the next ten days (through 1/15) every ebook will be priced at $5.99 or less on Crossway.org.

Browse
for the books that are calling to you and look for the ebook version in the “Other Formats” box. After the checkout process you can download your preferred format straight from your virtual bookshelf.

Blessings on your 2012 reading!

January 5, 2012 | Posted in: Uncategorized | Author: Ted Cockle @ 8:00 am | (33) Comments »

1. The ‘Browse’ button takes us to a page with 9 books; none of which are available in ebook format.

Can you post a link to your ebooks?

Comment by Doc B — January 5, 2012 @ 9:39 am

2. Thanks for taking a look at our January ebook special! You can access the ebook version of each of our books, if available, by going to their info page and clicking “ebook” in the “other formats” box below the price. Let us know if you have any further questions and we’d be happy to help.

Comment by Ted Cockle — January 5, 2012 @ 10:13 am

3. I know it may be more work for crossway, just wondering… Have you considered updating the price also on Amazon, B&N etc? Buying directly from Amazon helps people synchronize among multiple platforms (instead of manually copying to the devices). Excited about the sale! :)

Comment by Leo — January 5, 2012 @ 10:52 am

4. Leo, what a great suggestion! While we do sync our prices with Amazon, B&N, etc. for our monthly backlist promos—this sale is exclusive to our site because we’ve put all of our ebooks on sale.

Thanks for your suggestion, and know that we’ll continue working to streamline the process for you all!

Comment by Ted Cockle — January 5, 2012 @ 11:13 am

5. I have a Kindle. Will these e-books work with that? I confess I’m not savvy on any thing but getting books from Amazon. Thanks for having such a sale.

Comment by Scott — January 5, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

6. This is great! I recommend to anyone (regardless of their computer skills) to take a look at at an e-reader device. They are amazing, and with a little instruction, quite easy to use. It is really nice to have a library of books, music, and a web browser all in one device. There are a number of other quality tablets on the market as well. It is a good Idea to read some reviews to see what is out there. http://hudsonmonk.com has some good write ups.

Comment by nicole — January 6, 2012 @ 2:46 am

7. Hi,

can you confirm that Crossway ebooks are readable on a Kindle please?

thanks!

Comment by Jonny — January 6, 2012 @ 4:44 am

8. Yes, thank you for doing this.

Comment by Jeff Downs — January 6, 2012 @ 6:53 am

9. Jonny and Scott, yes, all Crossway ebooks are readable on Kindle devices. Make sure you download the Mobi file format and it should work fine.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — January 6, 2012 @ 8:00 am

10. I hate to ask, but I’m assuming I will be able to download a PDF at checkout. I tend to like my books in this format. Thanks.

Comment by Jeff Downs — January 6, 2012 @ 11:59 am

11. Jeff, you are correct! Upon checkout you can access your Virtual Bookshelf. Once there, click on a book cover and you’ll be given the option to download one of the following formats: .mobi, .epub, or .pdf

Thanks!

Comment by Ted Cockle — January 6, 2012 @ 12:15 pm

12. Any chance that “Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches”
    by James Hamilton will be available to preorder while this special is in effect?

Comment by dave — January 6, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

13. Just order a few, and it was smooth. Thank you again. This is great for those who are looking to go digital with our theological libraries.

Comment by Jeff Downs — January 6, 2012 @ 8:12 pm

14. Hello,

Is _every_ ebook really $5.99? Clark’s “To Know and Love God” is, but “Communion with the Triune God” and Veith’s “God at Work” both list at $11.99 for the ebook version. I’ve looked up at least 10 other books on this site that have the ebook listed at $11.99. Please let me know when you get a chance. Thanks, Tim

Comment by T. Webb — January 6, 2012 @ 8:23 pm

15. T. Webb, could you confirm what the price listing on your end? We’re showing both of these links at $5.99 (with the $11.99 striked-through).

Comment by James Kinnard — January 6, 2012 @ 8:41 pm

16. I’m finding it frustrating to get to the page where ebooks or eformats are listed. I’ve checked several books which I’m interested in giving or recommending to friends, but only find the paperback version — not the e-version. While I appreciate the sale, the difficulty in navigating and finding the sale items is keeping me from buying.

Comment by TulipGirl — January 7, 2012 @ 2:51 am

17. The book “Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches” is listed as available as an ebook, but there is no purchase button for adding the book to one’s cart.

Comment by Mark Vanderwerf — January 7, 2012 @ 2:54 am

18. Mark, thanks for letting us know. That’s odd. I’ll get this glitch over to our web team. Thanks!

Comment by James Kinnard — January 7, 2012 @ 7:02 am

19. Sorry about that… many book pages will have a link to the e-book format that shows the standard price next to it, but now I see that if you click the link, then the discount price comes up. Thanks for your help. I’ve had a Kindle Touch for a few weeks and I’m _loving_ it… I can’t stop reading, and I’ll be taking advantage of your sale!!

Thanks, Tim

Comment by T. Webb — January 7, 2012 @ 8:11 am

20. @tulipgirl I’ve found it easiest to search for epub from the navmenu…pulls up 500+ sale items.

Comment by dave — January 7, 2012 @ 8:55 am

21. Still trying to access Hamilton’s “Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches” but am not able to download. Thanks for this great sale!

Comment by Dan Thornton — January 9, 2012 @ 12:50 pm

22. Sorry for the confusion, but the official publication date for Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches is not until January 31, 2012. While the hard copy came into the warehouse early (and is now available), the ebook files are not yet completed, and will not be available until the end of the month.

Comment by Ted Cockle — January 9, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

23. On the ESV Study Bible (MOBI version), I have not been able to directly access verses through the “Index” feature on a Kindle Fire – that is, specifying something like ‘PS 23 1′. You can jump to individual chapters by bringing up the table of contents, but “Index” is not a feature on the menu. Any ideas?

Comment by David — January 9, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

24. David, the Kindle Fire has had some trouble with the Index feature. We’ve made Amazon aware of the problem, and are waiting for them to release an update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — January 9, 2012 @ 2:21 pm

25. Is the ESV Study Bible included in this sale? I’ve looked at web pages for it, but can’t find the download (.mobi) version. Thanks, Tim

Comment by T. Webb — January 10, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

26. @T.Webb – you can purchase the ESV Study Bible ebook and receive both the mobi and epub versions. http://www.crossway.org/books/esv-study-bible-ebook/

Comment by Jason Park — January 10, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

27. Am I right in understanding that this sale will end on 1/15/2012?

Comment by Alex — January 10, 2012 @ 3:31 pm

28. I just bought the ESV study bible ebook, but there are three mobi files to download. Which one do I download for my iPad’s kindle app?

Comment by Ryan — January 11, 2012 @ 8:47 pm

29. http://www.amazon.com/sendtokindle is the answer to the sync problem. I just tried it with a crossway download and it send to my Kindle and iPad Kindle smoothly (it will take a while to convert in the cloud so wait say 10 minutes before synching). Bookmarks, highlights, and notes are supposed to be shared.

Comment by Leo — January 12, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

30. Ryan, we’re not sure why you’re seeing multiple mobi files. There should only be one. Is one of them a Mobi pocket file, at 101.4 MB? If you’re still having troubles, you can always contact our customer service by email: service@crossway.org or by phone: 1-800-543-1659. Sorry for your inconvenience!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — January 13, 2012 @ 9:48 am

31. Thanks for the great sale!

I’m having the same problem as T_Webb (above) – every book listed on the site in eBook format is at least $11.99. Is everyone else having this same problem?

Comment by CJ — January 15, 2012 @ 2:54 pm

32. is the sale over. all the books have regular prices again

Comment by josh skinner — January 15, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

33. Josh and CJ,

Thanks for your interest in our 10 day ebook special! As of today at midnight the sale has ended, but feel free to check out our select ebook specials on online stores like Amazon, B&N, Monergism, Vyrso, etc…

Some of the specials this month are No Other Gospel, Big Truths for Young Hearts, and Sex and the Supremacy of Christ

Comment by Ted Cockle — January 16, 2012 @ 9:21 am