Sexual assault is more common than you may think. How do you actually define sexual assault? How prevalent is it? And how can victims cope with the aftermath of assault? Watch the excerpt below or click here to join Pastor Mark Driscoll for the full sermon as he preaches about sexual assault and shares the healing and grace Jesus offers (the time stamps below correspond to the full sermon).
- 01:46 – “This is the one sermon I never wanted to preach…”
- 02:59 – “You’re a sexual assault victim.”
- 07:52 – Defining sexual assault (from Rid of My Disgrace by Justin & Lindsey Holcomb)
- 09:55 – Sexual assault is an epidemic
- 14:06 – 4 masks victims wear
- 21:44 – Jesus forgives all sin
- 29:59 – Jesus takes all shame
- 35:52 – Jesus cleanses all defilement
- 41:52 – For the spouse of an assault victim
- 45:49 – Pastor Mark and Grace Driscoll discuss her journey
Recommended Resources from Pastor Mark:
- Rid of My Disgrace: Hope and Healing for Victims of Sexual Abuse by Justin and Lindsey Holcomb
- Redemption: Freed by Jesus from the Idols We Worship and the Wounds We Carry by Mike Wilkerson
- What is Sexual Assault and How Can Victims Find Hope and Healing?
- Myths and Facts About Sexual Assault
- 3 Part Interview with Justin Holcomb on FamilyLife Today
- When Our Pursuit of Freedom Results in Slavery
- Facing the Painful Side of Redemption
- Are You Prepared to Minister to Victims of Sexual Assault?