Home > Crossway Blog > Spreading the Joy of Calvinism this Reformation Day (One Free Ebook at a Time)

Spreading the Joy of Calvinism this Reformation Day (One Free Ebook at a Time)

The Joy of Calvinism

The Reformation was about reclaiming a number of truths about Scripture and about God himself. Although the Reformation is commonly associated with Martin Luther and his 95 Theses, John Calvin, a pastor from Geneva, Switzerland, was also instrumental in the task. This mighty reformer is known for pointing believers to the majesty and sovereignty of God.

In celebration of Reformation Day, we’d like to share The Joy of Calvinism with you. In his book, Greg Forster encourages Calvinists and non-Calvinists alike to know God’s personal, unconditional, irresistible, and unbreakable love.

To download the free ebook of The Joy of Calvinism, click on the following format options.

• Download ebook as a PDF file
  • Download ebook as an EPUB file [Best on Nook, Sony Reader, and Apple iBooks (iOS devices)]
  • Download ebook as a PRC (.MOBi compatible) file [Best on Kindle applications]

The download links will be live through the end of the day 10/31.

October 31, 2012 | Posted in: Uncategorized | Author: Ted Cockle @ 9:25 am | (18) Comments »

1. The Kindle download comes as a PRC file, which is not what I’m expecting. Is that the right format?

Comment by Phil W — October 31, 2012 @ 11:21 am

2. Thanks for your question, Phil, and sorry for the confusion. The .prc format is what is compatible with kindle products, and is comparable to a .mobi format.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Comment by Ted Cockle — October 31, 2012 @ 11:37 am

3. So I have a Kindle, but I don’t know how to download files to it from a site like this. I’ve pretty much only gotten books from Amazon. Could you provide a little help? thanks.

Comment by mj — October 31, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

4. MJ, thanks for asking. There are a few ways that I know of…

1) Instructions via http://blogkindle.com/kindle-faq/#ixzz2Au3bYPXJ

1. Connect your Kindle to your computer via USB cable. After drivers are installed, you can see your Kindle device as a disk drive
    2. Navigate to “documents” folder on your Kindle device
    3. Copy your files in supported format there (PDF/TXT/MOBI/PRC/AZW)
    4. Safely eject the device

2) Or you could upload it via the “Send to Kindle” program which can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle

Comment by Ted Cockle — October 31, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

5. I believe every Kindle user has an email address for sending attachments to their reader. I’ve done that with PDFs and ebooks I have received outside the Amazon marketplace. They appear on my device as docs though, not as books.

Comment by Phil W — October 31, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

6. Thanks! This is a generous gift.

Comment by Saint Dwayne — October 31, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

7. Spreading the joy, one burnt heretic at a time baby

Comment by jonny — October 31, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

8. Thanks, looking forward to a good Jesus centered read.

Comment by jeff — October 31, 2012 @ 8:14 pm

9. Hello.

I am using a MacBook Pro to download. I clicked on the EPUB format, it downloaded and when i click to open it says “locked” do you know what im doing wrong?

Thanks!

Comment by Emily — October 31, 2012 @ 9:00 pm

10. I just moved and don’t have Internet for my kindle. Is there a way I can get it tomorrow? Please

Comment by Will Lohnes — October 31, 2012 @ 9:13 pm

11. I downloaded the epub file for my iPad, but there is no file that is compatible for the ipad. I get a zip file with two folders (META-INF and OEBPS) and a “mimetype” file. I really would like to read the book. Any help?

Comment by Ray — October 31, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

12. Thank you so much.

Comment by Gabrielle Piper — October 31, 2012 @ 9:59 pm

13. For Kindle (e-ink): Follow the directions from Ted above.

For iPad/iPhone/Android: You need to download an App to be able to read epubs. For Android, I recommend Aldiko. Here is a few different ebook readers for both devices. http://www.phonearena.com/news/10-e-book-reader-apps-for-Android-iPhone-and-iPad_id28562#1-Aldiko

After you install that app, you can copy your ebook to your device using your computer. (iTunes, Windows Explorer, etc…)

Comment by Kyle — November 1, 2012 @ 9:10 am

14. Why does Calvin have Hollywood lips in this sketch?

Comment by Jim Cassidy — November 1, 2012 @ 9:58 am

15. Thank you!

Comment by steve — November 1, 2012 @ 12:02 pm

16. Just a few pages in and I’m highlighting like crazy! Thanks for making it availible.

Comment by Kent Compton — November 1, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

17. Thanks for all your encouragement everyone! I’m pleased to hear that you are enjoying the book. Also, I believe I responded to all your questions via email, but if I missed you or you have additional questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Happy reading!

-Ted Cockle

Comment by Ted Cockle — November 1, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

18. free digital books :- Bookfarms.com is book publishing websites, you can find here self publishing ebook & free digital books. You can also search for documents and books to quickly find what you are looking for.
    =============