Home > Crossway Blog > ESVBible.org

ESVBible.org

ESVBible.org

October 30, 2012 | Posted in: | Author: Andrew Tebbe @ 3:49 pm | (11) Comments »

1. When I click on the numbers within the text, for notes, nothing happens. I looked at the forum and there is mention of a cloud in the upper left of the page to access commentary…but there is no cloud!

Comment by Susan — November 2, 2012 @ 10:37 am

2. Susan, thanks for your comments. A couple questions: are you viewing the new site (be sure to navigate all the way to the footer on the page, and click the link to access the new site). There should be a cloud icon on the new site, but no such icon exists on the old one. Secondly, are you viewing the site on a computer, or on a mobile device?

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — November 2, 2012 @ 10:40 am

3. It seems that none of the features are working on the new site. The browser does nothing. tapping the verse numbers does nothing.

Comment by Sam — November 2, 2012 @ 5:40 pm

4. Sam, with a lot of traffic flowing to the new site occasionally there are going to be some hiccups. I’d suggest you give it another try and see if it’s working. If it isn’t, our developers would like to hear about it. You can interact with them directly at http://community.crossway.org/crossway/products/crossway_esvbibleorg_beta

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — November 5, 2012 @ 8:15 am

5. Love the new sight though very frustrated that when i leave and then return to the sight, the study notes have disappeared. This time I can’t get them back. Can you help?

Comment by Gail — April 12, 2013 @ 5:50 am

6. Gail, I’m sorry to hear about your troubles recovering the study notes. Are you certain that when you leave the sight you’re not inadvertently logging out? That would explain why the study notes are not appearing when you return.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 12, 2013 @ 8:59 am

7. Just want to encourage anyone having problems with the site, lets be patient and kind as we deal with the problems, we are talking about the Bible. If it’s not for you, consider gracefully withdrawing from it and trying something else.

Thanks for the reply, I don’t think I was logging out, but have fiddled and somehow got them back – hopefully to stay.

Thank you for a great website and for your response.

Comment by Gail — April 13, 2013 @ 9:12 am

8. Thanks Gail. Hope it continues to serve.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 15, 2013 @ 9:24 am

9. Great app, however, I cannot seem to turn off the scrolling option. Only by turning off the verses does it disengage. Need the numbers not the scrolling.

Comment by Rick — February 20, 2014 @ 6:21 pm

10. Hi Rick, I’m afraid I’m not quite understanding what your difficulty is. Can you clarify a little on what you mean by “need the numbers not the scrolling?”

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — February 21, 2014 @ 9:35 am

11. My wife and I are going through the Bible with Max McLean reciting the Scripture. The app never used to “scroll” with Max reading. Now it does and it’s not able to keep up with his reading. The only way to shut off the “scrolling” is to “uncheck” the the verse numbers in settings. Annoying! Would like to see the verse numbers and not have it scroll.

Also, the “scroll notes with bible” option does not work to eliminate the scrolling. :/

Need help on this.
    Thanks. Great app otherwise!!!

Comment by Rick — February 21, 2014 @ 6:54 pm