With the upcoming new year many of you have some strategy for reading the Bible, whether through an established reading plan or on your own. Similar to last year, we’ve compiled a list of 7 Crossway and ESV resources than could be helpful companions for your Bible reading in 2013.
1. ESV Single Column Legacy Bible — This is an ideal Bible for those wanting to read through Scripture at a steady pace. The text is laid out in a single column format, and section titles are placed in the margins, letting you move from passage to passage with minimal distractions. This is also a great edition for reading the Bible in its own context.
2. Single Column Journaling Bible — For those looking to record their thoughts as they read God’s Word. The Bible text is presented in an easy-to-read single column format alongside generously sized, ruled margins. This Bible is printed on high-quality cream paper that minimizes show-through of text and notes.
Devotional Books and Bibles
3. The One Year Bible® — The popular One Year Bible is available in the ESV translation. In this edition the text is broken up into select readings that are then compiled for each day. Readers who follow along throughout the year will work through the entire Bible.
4. Daily Reading Bible — Portions the Bible text into 365 daily readings, following the M’Cheyne reading plan. Each day displays chapters from various books of the Bible, presented in a simple and non-distracting layout.
5. For the Love of God (Vols. 1 & 2) — Using a slightly modified version of the famous M’Cheyne reading plan, D. A. Carson provides devotional commentary for readings assigned to each day of the year. Following the M’Cheyne reading plan and using For the Love of God as companion volumes, readers will work through the New Testament and Psalms twice and the rest of the Bible once.
6. ESVBible.org — Users can sign up for a free account on the newly redesigned site and gain access to 12 different reading plans. Each plan includes links to the pertinent passages and tracks your progress through the year. In addition, the reading plans integrate with all of ESVBible.org’s other features, including highlights, notes, and study modules.
7. Downloadable Reading Plans — The ESVBible.org reading plans are also available for download on esv.org. Users can subscribe to the reading plans by RSS feed, email, iCal calendars, or print them off.
Whether you use an established reading plan or follow your own strategy for reading the Bible, we want to encourage you to make 2013 a year of immersion in God’s Word!