Home > Crossway Blog > Introducing Knowing the Bible: A New Study Guide Series

Introducing Knowing the Bible: A New Study Guide Series

In April 2013 Crossway will be launching a new Bible study guide series called Knowing the Bible.  The series is edited by J. I. Packer and is designed to help readers better understand and apply God’s Word.

Each study includes:

• Reflection Questions designed to help you engage the text at a deeper level
  • Gospel Glimpses highlighting the gospel of grace throughout the book
  • Whole-Bible Connections showing how a passage connects to the Bible’s overarching story of redemption culminating in Christ
  • Theological Soundings identifying how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture

The initial group of guides will be available April 2013 and will include GenesisIsaiahMarkJohnRomans, and James.

In the following video Dane Ortlund, Vice President for Bible Publishing at Crossway, introduces the series:

You can read what leaders are saying about the series, or download the full book of Mark for free. Learn more about the series at www.KnowingtheBibleSeries.org.

March 26, 2013 | Posted in: AAA - BLOG UPDATE,Book News,News,Video | Author: Andrew Tebbe @ 8:00 am | (16) Comments »

1. is there a leaders guide for small group study? and is there a small group package available for purchase?

Comment by Scott Slocum — March 26, 2013 @ 8:33 am

2. Scott, thanks for your questions. We’re exploring the possibility of developing leaders guides for these study guides, but currently don’t have firm plans for them. You can order these at a discount in case quantities by contacting a sales representative: sales@crossway.org. We’re also exploring selling these in smaller packs at a discount as well. Hope that helps!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — March 26, 2013 @ 11:11 am

3. Is this going to be available in Kindle format too?

Comment by Andrew — March 27, 2013 @ 12:33 am

4. Andrew, yes this series will be available in all ebook formats.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — March 27, 2013 @ 10:34 am

5. Thanks for making us aware of this new resource for better understanding the Bible – we’ll definitely have to check it out.

Comment by Understanding the Bible made Practical Author Team — April 1, 2013 @ 4:13 am

6. Will the books be available for Purchase in PDF Format like the Mark book that is free for download is?

Comment by Brandon — April 4, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

7. Brandon, yes the pdf file for each book will be included with the purchase of the ebook.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 4, 2013 @ 1:22 pm

8. Do you have this series in spanish language??

Comment by mary hernandez — April 5, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

9. Mary I’m afraid we don’t just yet, but its possible a Spanish publisher will license it in the future.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 7, 2013 @ 7:25 am

10. This looks great! I would love to do this with my small group. Have you released a price point yet?

Comment by Ricky Simpson — April 17, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

11. Ricky, yes each product page should have pricing on it. They retail for $8.99 each, but bulk discounts are available too (will automatically update when you change quantity in your cart): 1-4 copies at regular retail price $8.99 | 5-9 copies 20% off ($7.20 each) | 10-19 copies 25% off ($6.75 each) | 20-49 copies 30% off ($6.30 each) | Case quantity (50 copes) 40% off ($5.40 each). Hope that helps!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 20, 2013 @ 9:41 am

12. Andrew Tebbe: I purchased the kindle format of the Romans study guide by Jared Wilson, but I don’t have the PDF version .. how can I obtain that PDF? Also, do you know when the one on Ephesians will be ready and who is doing it?

Comment by Dan Smythe — August 7, 2013 @ 11:37 am

13. Dan, did you purchase the Kindle version from Crossway, or Amazon? I’m afraid the pdf version should only be available through Crossway (where you have access to a number of formats). As to Ephesians, we don’t have it in the production schedule yet, so I couldn’t tell you who the author will be.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — August 12, 2013 @ 1:20 pm

14. Are the new titles psalms, Ruth/Esther etc really not available until next summer? Pre order a year in advance? I’m hoping that’s a typo and they will be available soon :-)

Comment by Amy — September 4, 2013 @ 6:37 am

15. This is a wonderful series. I have often lamented the lack of substantial Bible study materials available for personal study and small groups. It seemed to me that most of the studies available focused on contemporary personal psychology and sentiment over and above discerning the nature of the Scripture itself.

When I came across this series last year I was very eager to try a study out. So far, I have gone through the study of Isaiah, a book that I formerly knew little about. Now I have grown in my understanding of this book and am able to grasp its theological and doctrinal significance. I look forward to completing other books in the series.

Will there be more studies added to the current series? If so, when can we expect them?

Comment by HR — March 14, 2014 @ 2:04 pm

16. Hi HR,

Thank you for your kind words – we’re thrilled you’re enjoying the series. Yes, our aim is to eventually publish studies on every book of the Bible. We’re releasing 6–8 every year until we get there. Our next set of volumes comes out in June and July. You can find them a little down the page here.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — March 17, 2014 @ 9:23 am