Home > Crossway Blog > iOS App Released for ESV Global Study Bible

iOS App Released for ESV Global Study Bible

Crossway is pleased to announce the release of an iOS app for the ESV Global Study Bible. It features all the content of the print edition of the Global Study Bible, including study notes, book introductions, the global message of each Bible book, and articles.

You can download it in the iOS app store for $9.99.

April 26, 2013 | Posted in: AAA - BLOG UPDATE,Digital News,ESVBible.org,Mobile Apps,News | Author: Andrew Tebbe @ 11:29 am | (13) Comments »

1. You knew it was just a short matter of time before somebody asked about an eventual Android version, right?

Comment by Doug McHone — April 26, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

2. Doug, quick off the mark! I’m afraid I can’t speak as to the possibility of an Android app in the future. It’s certainly a possibility, and will be a function of priorities in a limited budget. Here’s hoping!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 26, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

3. The ESV app is good, but if I could put a study Bible on an Android tablet, I would be pleased.

The Bible on the Kindle just isn’t a very intuitive way for me to study because I don’t read a Bible (especially a study Bible) in the same way that I read other books.

Comment by Doug McHone — April 26, 2013 @ 1:21 pm

4. Doug, we hear you and are working on an Android app for the ESV Study Bible. It will still take us some time (again, limited budget/production priorities, etc.). Have you tried using ESVBible.org on your tablet/phone? It’s completely mobile responsive and you can access the ESV Study Bible pretty easily through it. A suggestion.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 26, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

5. I hadn’t considered that, but I will this evening. Thanks for the tip!

Comment by Doug McHone — April 26, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

6. To Whom This concerns,

I own a Kindle Fire HD 8.9,

I downloaded through the kindle store the ESV STUDENT STUDY Bible, and had problems going into the notes… It would not let me go into the notes and the notes came out garbled so I immediately returned it.. I feel there was a problem with the book not the tablet itself. I am interested in the GLOBAL BOOK for my Kindle… Are they any known problems at all with this book… Since there does not seem to be any reviews for it on Kindle Comments…

Comment by Mitch — May 12, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

7. Mitch, there are some known compatibility issues with Kindle Fires and certain navigation features in ebooks. We’re working closely with Amazon to figure out a solution. As soon as we can, we’ll release updated files that will be compatible with newer Kindle models.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — May 13, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

8. Well I just want something for my eyes… They are not good… I use the Kindle because I can increase the font size to a readable level… ESV paperbacks are still even in the Large size not to readsable to me… I brought the Kindle in order to buy your books which I have learned a lot from… I would hope maybe I could get on a contact list as to when this problem will be fixed.

Comment by Mitch — May 13, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

9. Mitch, we don’t have an email list but we are going to start posting updates to our ESV Tech blog, to which you can subscribe: http://esvbible.tumblr.com. Also, at any time, you can visit amazon.com/myk, log into their account, and download any updates that may be available for titles you’ve purchased.

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — May 14, 2013 @ 10:24 am

10. Just downloaded the app. It works well, but for $10 it needs to have some display options such as font size, and you should be able to highlight passages. One thing I like about the original ESV app is the easily accessible list of highlighted passages.

Comment by Ryan — August 1, 2013 @ 7:01 am

11. (cough, cough) Android
    (cough, cough) Google+
    (cough, cough) then you can just take my money!

Comment by Doug McHone — August 1, 2013 @ 3:32 pm

12. i would love to buy the Global Study Bible app, but a search in the iOS app store only shows the ESV Bible and the ESV Study Bible + app. Is the latter the same as the Global Study Bible app? Or is it only available in the US app store? (i’m in Hong Kong).. please let me know! bit disappointing if it’s not available internationally.. thanks!

Comment by Nikki — May 13, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

13. Nikki, I’m afraid we took the Global Study Bible app off the app store altogether. Sorry to disappoint!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — May 13, 2014 @ 3:40 pm