Home > Crossway Blog > Update on the Flooding at Crossway

Update on the Flooding at Crossway

Crossway’s offices in Wheaton, IL experienced substantial flooding last Wednesday and Thursday (April 17–18). Crossway is located in one of several neighborhoods in Wheaton where storm sewers were overwhelmed from heavy rains.

These photographs show the flooding and its aftermath:

The front parking lot of Crossway

Flooded front entrance

Josh Dennis, Senior VP of Design, in first floor hallway

6 additional inches of water outside an office

Many titles from lower bookshelves ended up on the floor

Good News tracts

Cleanup progress Monday morning

We’re trusting in God’s provision and plan in the midst of these difficult circumstances, and ask for your prayers as we recover over the coming months. Please also pray for the many families and businesses in Wheaton and other Chicago suburbs that were affected by last week’s flooding.

April 22, 2013 | Posted in: AAA - BLOG UPDATE,Company Updates,Event,News & Announcements | Author: Andrew Tebbe @ 10:00 am | (19) Comments »

1. Oh my goodness! How awful. We are all praying for you here at IVP in Nottingham, UK.

Comment by Menekse Stewart — April 22, 2013 @ 11:19 am

2. I will pray for you and the other businesses. I love your books.

Comment by Faith — April 22, 2013 @ 11:35 am

3. Wow!

Hadn’t heard about this! We’ll be praying for you guys!

Joe C.

Comment by Joe Carter — April 22, 2013 @ 1:21 pm

4. You are part of our extended family ! We will be praying you you all! Thank you for all you do to make the Gospel known around the world!

Comment by Rick Denham — April 22, 2013 @ 10:02 pm

5. Thanks everyone for your prayers! We’ve already seen the Lord provide in so many ways!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 22, 2013 @ 10:50 pm

6. My dear friends at Crossway, I was unaware of the flooding that occurred in your offices in Wheaton and am now deeply saddened by the extensive damagae to the property. I’m praying for you right now even as I’m writing my next book to be published by Crossway.

Gregg Allison

Comment by Gregg Allison — April 23, 2013 @ 8:29 am

7. Dr. Allison, thank you for your prayers. We’re looking forward to seeing your book in print next year!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 23, 2013 @ 8:32 am

8. We’re praying for you over here at Olive Tree Bible Software!

Comment by Elizabeth Brink — April 23, 2013 @ 9:00 am

9. This little flood won’t stop Crossway! Will you let us know if we can come out and lend a hand for clean up?

Comment by Andrew Wickwire — April 23, 2013 @ 4:41 pm

10. Your friends at the Blue Letter Bible in OC, California, are praying for you!

Comment by Chris Poblete — April 23, 2013 @ 5:38 pm

11. This just breaks my heart to see these pictures of the beautiful Crossway building in this condition. I have such wonderful memories of working in that building with all the wonderful Crossway folks! I am praying diligently for all of you, for strength to face what needs to be done to recover and trust in God for his provision in the midst of this situation.

Comment by Cindy Kiple — April 24, 2013 @ 9:17 am

12. Crossway, thank you for the service you provide daily to so many Christians. Your work is immense! I’m praying for a quick and cost-effective recovery for you guys. I imagine this is painful, but I pray somehow that Christ would be glorified more through all of this.

Comment by Jonathan Simcoe — April 24, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

13. We are praying for you

Comment by Enoch Okode — April 25, 2013 @ 2:44 am

14. I am very sorry to learn of the flooding. You publish some great books. I hope the damage wasn’t too bad. I will continue to pray for you. March on with some good titles. We need them in our day. God bless you! Charles

Comment by charles woodruff — April 25, 2013 @ 10:11 am

15. So sorry to hear about the flooding! Praying for a quick recovery.

Comment by John Hazen — April 25, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

16. My nephew Kenneth Winkelmann of your Staff emailed me about the event. God’s planet is surely groaning for it’s deliverance. here in Colorado in three month’s we had our annual totals of snow and we all long for Spring/Summer to start. I hope it is a fantastic year for Crossway, The ESV is catching on everywhere and our Pastor at Crossroads has also made it His primary version. God’s blessing as you recover

Comment by Archie McDowall — April 26, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

17. Archie, thanks for the kind note and the encouragement. It’s always nice to hear from a relative of the team!

Comment by Andrew Tebbe — April 26, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

18. Your friends at Bible Buying Guide are keeping your in our prayers.

Comment by Randy Brown — April 28, 2013 @ 11:40 am

19. Oh wow, that does not look good. Can’t believe how high it was! Just saw this now, but I’ll pray for your recovery to go quickly and smoothly.

Comment by Sarah Sensenig — May 1, 2013 @ 12:06 pm