Men, in honor of Father’s Day and in anticipation of the release of Date Your Wife, we wanted to give you an opportunity to spur on fellow husbands and fathers to love their wives well – and to potentially receive an advance copy of Date Your Wife by Justin Buzzard along with Big Truths for Young Hearts by Bruce Ware.
So, here’s how the contest works: Below we’ve shared just 10 of the 100 date ideas Justin Buzzard offers at the end of his book to get your creativity going.
- Take up a new hobby with your wife; do something new that you’re both excited about.
- Make a list of ten things your wife loves to do. Each new time you take your wife on a date, do one of those ten things as your date.
- Devote one hour each night for alone time with your wife. Talk about how your days went. Joke around with each other. Cultivate your friendship. Talk honestly about what’s going on in your lives. Help each other. Encourage each other. Pray together.
- Think about something your wife never had as a girl and give that to her.
- Do something with your wife that both of you are scared to do.
- Spend an evening reminiscing with your wife about all you’ve been through together and all God has done and redeemed in your life together.
- Surprise your wife by ordering her a subscription to a magazine she really likes.
- Have a photographer take new pictures of you and your wife. Put these pictures up in your home.
- Spend an evening working on your kiss. Learn how to kiss your wife all over again.
- Revisit the scene of your wedding. Thank God for your marriage, and pray through your wedding vows. Then go drink some champagne or eat cake.
Now, leave a comment on this post, on our Facebook wall, or on Twitter with the hashtag #DYW sharing a favorite date you’ve taken your wife on or a great date idea you have. We’ll pick 3 winners on Monday, June 18th at noon who will each receive a copy of Date Your Wife and Big Truths for Young Hearts.
We look forward to hearing your ideas—may the best dates win!