Sex and Money: Pleasures That Leave You Empty and Grace That Satisfies
By Paul David Tripp
... show all
Availability: In Stock
About Sex and Money
We live in a world obsessed with finding it, passionate to enjoy it, and desperate to maintain it. Chief among such pleasures are sex and money—two pleasures unrivaled in their power to captivate our attention, demand our worship, and drive us to hide or to despair.
You don’t have to look far to see that we are in big trouble in both areas. Many of us see the battle. We feel the strain of the war. And we are eager for freedom in a world gone mad.
Seasoned counselor and pastor Paul David Tripp pulls back the curtain on the lies that surround us and on the distortions we often overlook. As Tripp thoughtfully exposes the insanity of our culture, he also wisely speaks to our own tendencies to fall prey to sexual and financial idolatry.
Sex and Money ultimately directs us to God’s Word and the liberating power of the gospel, offering real-world advice, and giving us the guidance we need to find true joy and enduring satisfaction.
Look for the companion DVDs and audio teaching, available at paultrippministries.org!
—Randy Alcorn, Founder and Director, Eternal Perspective Ministries; author, If God Is Good and Heaven
—Timothy Z. Witmer, Professor of Practical Theology, Westminster Theological Seminary; author, The Shepherd Leader and The Shepherd Leader at Home
—Chris Brauns, Pastor, The Red Brick Church, Stillman Valley, Illinois; author, Unpacking Forgiveness, Bound Together, and When the Word Leads Your Pastoral Search
—James MacDonald, Pastor, Harvest Bible Chapel, Rolling Meadows, Illinois; author, Vertical Church
—Jay S. Thomas, Lead Pastor, Chapel Hill Bible Church; co-author, Sex, Dating, and Relationships
Table of Contents
1. It's All Vertical: Exposition and Application of 2 Corinthians 5:14-21
2. The Dangerous Dichotomy: Life can’t be divided into the spiritual and the secular
3. Why Do You Do the Things You Do?: A practical theology of the heart
4. The Highest Pleasure: When your relationship to sex and money isn't driven by the pleasure of God, it loses its shelter from danger
5. Sex in the Beginning: Understanding God's plan.
6. Sex and Worship: Sex always exposes the true worship of your heart
7. Sex and Relationship: Sex divorced from relationship ceases to be the beautiful thing God designed
8. We've Gone Insane!: An honest look at the sexual insanity that is everywhere around us
9. Sex Made Right: Exposition of 1 Corinthians 6:12-20
10. Coming Out of Hiding: Sexual sin and Amazing grace
11. Money Matters: God has ordained for us to live in a world where money issues are inescapable, so it's not unspiritual to talk about and be concerned about money
12. Treasure Hunters: Exposition of Matthew 6:19-33
13. Money Is Not the Problem, Love Is: The heart behind our money problems
14. What Money Can't Buy: Money is never the doorway to a content and satisfied heart
15. Money and Eternity: The financial danger of living like this is all there is
16. Why Are You Living Like You're Poor?: The satisfying and liberating riches of the grace of Jesus
|Size:||5.5 in x 8.5 in|
|Published:||April 30, 2013|