The Scriptures Testify about Me: Jesus and the Gospel in the Old Testament
Edited by D. A. Carson, Contributions by Alistair Begg, Mike Bullmore, Matt Chandler, Timothy J. Keller, James MacDonald, Conrad Mbewe, R. Albert Mohler Jr.
... show all
Crossway Impact Cyber Monday exclusive offer. 40% off everything, 60–70% off select books and Bibles. PLEASE NOTE: you must be logged in as an Impact member to take advantage of this offer. Sign up for Impact at Crossway.org/impact.
Availability: In Stock
About The Scriptures Testify about Me
The Bible's storyline is grand in its sweep, beautiful in its form, and unified in its message. However, many of us still struggle both to understand and to best communicate how the Old and New Testaments fit together, especially in relation to the person and work of Jesus Christ.
Eight prominent evangelical pastors and scholars demonstrate what it looks like to preach Christ from the Old Testament in this collection of expositions of various Old Testament texts:
- Albert Mohler — Studying the Scriptures and Finding Jesus (John 5:31–47)
- Tim Keller — Getting Out (Exodus 14)
- Alistair Begg — From a Foreigner to King Jesus (Ruth)
- James MacDonald — When You Don’t Know What to Do (Psalm 25)
- Conrad Mbewe — The Righteous Branch (Jeremiah 23:1–8)
- Matt Chandler — Youth (Ecclesiastes 11:9–12:8)
- Mike Bullmore — God’s Great Heart of Love toward His Own (Zephaniah)
- D. A. Carson — Getting Excited about Melchizedek (Psalm 110)
From the experience of the Israelites during the exodus, to the cryptic words about Melchizedek in the Psalms, here are 8 helpful examples of successful approaches to preaching the gospel from the Old Testament by some of the most skilled expositors of our day.
Table of Contents
1. Studying the Scriptures and Finding Jesus (John 5:31–47)—R. Albert Mohler Jr.
2. Getting Out (Exodus 14)—Tim Keller
3. From a Foreigner to King Jesus (Ruth)—Alistair Begg
4. When You Don’t Know What to Do (Psalm 25)—James MacDonald
5. The Righteous Branch (Jeremiah 23:1–8)—Conrad Mbewe
6. Youth (Ecclesiastes 11:9–12:8)—Matt Chandler
7. God’s Great Heart of Love toward His Own (Zephaniah)—Mike Bullmore
8. Getting Excited about Melchizedek (Psalm 110)—D. A. Carson
|Size:||5.5 in x 8.5 in|
|Published:||April 30, 2013|