The Son of David: Seeing Jesus in the Historical Books
A 10-week Bible Study
By Nancy Guthrie
... show all
Availability: In Stock
About The Son of David
“Your kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10)
What kind of king and what kind of kingdom are we asking for when we pray this prayer Jesus taught us to pray? A study of the Old Testament Historical Books—Joshua through Esther—enables us to see the kingdom of God not only as it once was, but also as it is now, and as it will be one day.
Over ten weeks of guided study, relevant teaching, and group discussion, seasoned Bible teacher Nancy Guthrie traces the history of the people of God from the time they entered the Promised Land through a series of failed kings, exile, and finally their return to await the true King. Readers will see Jesus as:
- the greater Joshua who leads his people into rest;
- the greater Boaz who has done all that is necessary to redeem;
- the greater King who will sit on David’s throne forever;
- the greater Restorer who is building his church from ruined stones.
Gain a fresh perspective on Israel’s history and God’s kingdom, a broader understanding of Jesus as the fulfillment of Scripture, and much more when you join with Nancy on this incredible journey to see Jesus in the Old Testament!
* A leader’s guide is available as a free download at SeeingJesusInTheOldTestament.com and a supplemental DVD of Nancy’s teaching is also available for purchase.
—Kathleen Um, Director of Family and Women’s Ministries, Citylife Presbyterian Church, Boston, Massachusetts
—Dee Brestin, author, Idol Lies and The God of all Comfort
—Kitty Kosman, Christ the King Lutheran Church, Memphis, Tennessee
|Size:||6.0 in x 9.0 in|
|Published:||June 30, 2013|