An Exclusive Offer for Crossway+ Members
The Crossway Short Classics series introduces a new generation of readers to classic works of the faith that are devotionally written, historically significant, and presently applicable to the daily Christian life. Each volume is a timeless Christian work that speaks as powerfully and truthfully about the Christian life as it did in its own day. This series will apply profound biblical wisdom to issues such as depression, sin, and temptation—encouraging even the lowliest of hearts to look to Jesus.
Starting now and running through June 8, 2022, Crossway+ members receive 40% off any title in the Crossway Short Classics series.
During this time we are also pleased to offer The Lord's Work in the Lord's Way and No Little People by Francis Schaeffer in ebook or audiobook format for free (no purchase necessary).
Not a Crossway+ member? Create a free Crossway+ account to take advantage of this offer!
40% Off These Crossway Short Classics
- The Lord's Work in the Lord's Way and No Little People by Francis A. Schaeffer
- The Life of God in the Soul of Man by Henry Scougal
- The Emotional Life of Our Lord by B. B. Warfield
- Fighting for Holiness by J. C. Ryle
- Encouragement for the Depressed by Charles H. Spurgeon
- The Expulsive Power of a New Affection by Thomas Chalmers
- Heaven Is a World of Love by Jonathan Edwards
The Lord's Work in the Lord's Way and No Little People
Christians serving the Lord can fall into two traps: depending too heavily on their own power or underestimating their God-given purpose. In this collection of classic sermons, renowned theologian and philosopher Francis A. Schaeffer teaches believers how to rely on the Holy Spirit—not personal effort or status—in matters of service and leadership.
This short book includes an excerpt from Schaeffer’s sermon, “The Lord’s Work in the Lord’s Way,” plus 2 sermons from the book No Little People. Covering topics including humility and servanthood, Christian office, spiritual battles, and trusting God’s methods, Schaeffer encourages pastors, students, and church members to live as consecrated people, working humbly for God’s approval instead of human praise.
In these classic sermons, renowned theologian and philosopher Francis A. Schaeffer teaches believers how to rely on the Holy Spirit—not personal effort or status—in matters of service and leadership.
- Classic Yet Timely Messages: Powerfully addresses common issues for the church, including spiritual pride, humanism, and how to live as consecrated people
- Perfect Gift for Students and Pastors: Motivates those serving in ministry to keep a Christ-centered perspective
- Accessible Introduction to the Thought of Francis Schaeffer: With a foreword by Ray Ortlund Jr., this inspiring collection introduces modern audiences to Schaeffer’s work
Browse all titles in the Crossway Short Classics series.