Mobile Application Developer
Reports To: Director, Digital
Description: We’re looking for a Mobile Application Developer. As a core member of our team, you will use your skills to challenge, extend, and improve our existing mobile properties. You must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently and in teams. We are open to remote candidates, though preference will be given to those who can meet periodically in Wheaton, IL.
Please provide a link to your Github profile, if possible.
Technical Experience Required:
- Expert understanding of Android Framework APIs
- Advanced understanding of Java
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with Git and deployment tools
Optional Experience Preferred:
- Unit testing frameworks
- SQL databases (PostreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- REST, JSON, and XML
Personal Qualities: A love for God’s Word and His church. Commitment to an evangelical, historic Reformation understanding of the Bible, the gospel, and Christian doctrine. A genuine faith in Jesus Christ as one’s Lord and Savior, and active participation in a local church. Pleasing personal demeanor with a willing, servant’s heart. Energetic, organized, and timely.
Reports To: Design Director
Description: Provide design and production services to the Creative Division and other departments—under the supervision of the the Design Director. Complete all production and design responsibilities in accordance with the production schedule. The Design Director should be kept up to speed on the status of all responsibilities.
- Covers: Design full book cover mechanicals, including the spine and back cover designs. Make necessary corrections in the proofing rounds.
- Reprints: Update cover files in coordination with the Book Division. Typically, the updates include updating the logo, price, and barcode. Changes to the back cover copy and any other changes may be necessary. Prepare and send files to the appropriate printer.
- Interiors: Create illustrations and diagrams in coordination with the book typesetting team and Design Director.
- Packaging: Design and make corrections to boxes, wraps, JCards, and other materials.
- Reprints: Update bible covers and packaging as needed in coordination with the Bible Division.
- Interiors: Design interiors and make corrections to proofs as needed.
- Order Forms: Create and make corrections to order forms.
- Ads: Create and or re-size/reformat existing ads for trade and consumer publications. Create press ready files and send to appropriate publication in coordination with the Marketing team.
- Catalogs: Handle the design of book, bible, academic, digital (ISSU), and tract catalogs.
- Promotional Materials: Design and or make corrections to fact sheets, fliers, postcards, bookmarks, order forms, POP, and other materials.
- Website: Provide graphics as needed in coordination with Marketing Coordinator. This includes web images for the intranet, the crossway website, Amazon, and other vendors.
- Trade Shows: Create signage, mockups, and other materials for various sales events.
- Servers: Maintain and organize the production files, ftp site, master files, and archives.
- Barcodes: Create barcodes for books, bibles, and other products.
- Image Requests: Handle all image and mockup requests.
- A college degree in graphic design with 1-3 years experience.
- Expertise in graphic programs including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Passion for design excellence and attention to detail.
- Organized, self-motivated, good interpersonal skills.
Personal Qualities: Must have a love for God’s Word and His Church. Must have a genuine faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Should be an active member in a local church. Should possess a pleasing disposition with a willing heart.
Warehouse Lead Man - 2nd Shift
Reports To: Distribution Manager and Assistant Distribution Manager
Description: To effectively supervise the P.M. shifts (Shift Hours: 12:00 PM- 8:30 PM), as well as fulfilling directives given by Management.
Requirements: Some form of leadership experience is a Must. Must be able to navigate Apple products and/or a PC. Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. Warehouse and forklift experience is preferred, but not required.
- To effectively supervise all p.m. shift employees.
- Picking large warehouse orders.
- Putting pallets of inventory away in the warehouse.
- Putting away re-boxed returns.
- Restocking flow racks.
- To assist in picking small parcel orders.
- Shrink wrapping books, re-boxing returns and make book sets when needed.
- Loading LTL deliveries onto trailers.
- When needed, to pick smaller orders using our handheld devices.
Personal Qualities: Candidates must have a love for God's Word and His church, with a commitment to an evangelical, historic Reformation understanding of the Bible, the gospel, and Christian doctrine. A genuine faith in Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior, and active participation in a local church. Pleasing personal demeanor with a willing, servant's heart. Strong work-ethic. Energetic, organized, and trustworthy.
Benefit Program: Comprehensive medical and dental plan; life insurance; paid vacation and holidays; retirement plan.
Salary: The salary range for this position is based on the following factors; previous job performance and experience; acquired skills and abilities; aptitude; current industry standards; and applicant's level of commitment and desire to do an outstanding job in the position.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the employment application.