Home > Crossway Blog > One Million Copies of the ESV Study Bible

One Million Copies of the ESV Study Bible

In this week’s press release, we were happy to announce that 1 million copies of the ESV Study Bible have now been sold and distributed worldwide. This milestone is particularly significant to us as proceeds from the Study Bible have provided more than $1.5 million to help underwrite Bible ministry distribution projects and the development of ESV Bible resources around the world – including support for the printing and distribution of more than 250,000 Chinese-English (ESV) Bibles in Mainland China.

Dr. Lane Dennis reflected on this milestone:

“It is astonishing to see what the Lord is accomplishing with the ESV Bible in general, and with the ESV Study Bible in particular. In addition to the 1 million ESV Study Bible milestone, more than 90 million ESV Bibles have now been distributed and accessed worldwide in all formats, including print, web and digital. The only appropriate response is to give all the glory to God – and to stand before the Lord in fear and trembling, with regard to the responsibility he has entrusted to us for the publication of God’s Word.”

May God be honored through the ESV Study Bible and may his church be strengthened.

January 16, 2014 | Posted in: AAA - BLOG UPDATE,Bible News,ESV,ESV,ESV Study Bible,News & Announcements,Publishing,Study Bibles | Author: Lizzy Jeffers @ 8:20 am | (11) Comments »

1. Good tool for Bible Students.

Comment by Arthur J Fox — January 17, 2014 @ 9:18 am

2. Good tool for bible students

Comment by Arthur J Fox — January 17, 2014 @ 9:19 am

3. Although I had for many years made it a practice to follow bible translations, I missed the ESV by several years!

When I saw the Crossway ESV Study Bible, I realized what an excellent, comprehensive, single-volume reference it was and immediately switched and began giving copies to others.

I especially appreciate Crossway’s development of ‘application specific’ bibles in the Global Study Bible and the Gospel Study Bible and have given a number of those as well, including 100 distribution bibles to the outreach ministry of my old Presbyterian church.

Comment by Paul Hubert — January 17, 2014 @ 10:41 am

4. Oh, add: “even-handed” commentary to the ESV Study Bible – I appreciate that it is complete enough to present different views of the intepretation of the same passage.

Comment by Paul Hubert — January 17, 2014 @ 10:43 am

5. I have a hard back copy – really enjoyed reading it and all the notes… took almost 2 years to read it cover to cover.
    Found the notes to be very helpful and like how different thoughts were presented. Some placed wanted a few more, but overall very good study Bible and I liked the translation too.

Would be nice to have one suitable for a ‘carry Bible’.

Comment by Jim Brady — January 17, 2014 @ 11:54 am

6. Jim – I’m so glad that the ESV Study Bible has been helpful and encouraging to you! I wanted to let you know that we have a Personal Size edition!

Comment by Lizzy Jeffers — January 17, 2014 @ 11:57 am

7. The ESV Study Bible has made Scripture more understandable for me. The study notes are clear and to the point. Thank you.

Comment by Scott Stroman — January 17, 2014 @ 2:52 pm

8. Scott – This is great to hear! We appreciate your comment!

Comment by Lizzy Jeffers — January 17, 2014 @ 3:04 pm

9. this is wonderful i use the ESV love the wording
    bless you in your efforts!

Comment by Kim Eriksen — January 17, 2014 @ 11:09 pm

10. The ESV Study is one of the best study bibles I have ever seen. I pray that God continues to bless the world through the efforts of Crossway.

Comment by Micheal Rosene — January 19, 2014 @ 11:56 am

11. I’d like to enter the giveaway.
    And win :)