Journey to Joy: The Psalms of Ascent
By Josh Moody
... show all
Availability: In Stock
About Journey to Joy
“True happiness comes from within.” At least that’s what our culture tells us while beating the drum of self-esteem as the route to real joy.
But what if this is wrong? What if true joy comes not from within, but from without? What if it comes from God himself?
Embedded in the Bible is a little-known guidebook to the lasting joy we long for: the Psalms of Ascent—a set of 15 Psalms that share honestly about the heights and the depths of life while celebrating the faithfulness of God.
Helping us to engage and explore Psalms 120–134, pastor Josh Moody offers practical counsel, perceptive insights, and personal experience as a fellow pilgrim on the joy-filled journey to the father heart of God.
—Tremper Longman, Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies, Westmont College
Table of Contents
1. Peace (Psalm 120)
2. Help (Psalm 121)
3. Church (Psalm 122)
4. Injustice (Psalm 123)
5. Danger (Psalm 124)
6. Security (Psalm 125)
7. Laughter (Psalm 126)
8. Beating the Daily Grind (Psalm 127)
9. The Blessing of Family (Psalm 128)
10. Finding Freedom from the Past (Psalm 129)
11. Living Guilt Free (Psalm 130)
12. The Humility of Greatness (Psalm 131)
13. When You Think God’s Plans Might Fail (Psalm 132)
14. The Secret of Teamwork (Psalm 133)
15. The End of the Journey (Psalm 134)
|Size:||5.5 in x 8.5 in|
|Published:||April 30, 2013|