In this video, Justin Taylor sits down with Mitch Stokes to discuss his new book, How to Be an Atheist: Why Many Skeptics Aren't Skeptical Enough.
- 00:00 - What is a Christian doing trying to tell atheists how to be better atheists?
- 01:05 - Are the popular atheists of today different from the ones you first encountered when you were in undergraduate school?
- 02:31 - Do you view the "new atheists" as writing with a hyper-confidence that wasn't present among previous generations of atheists?
- 03:25 - How long have atheists used science to argue against Christianity?
- 05:56 - How did you come to faith and become interested in apologetics?
- 09:38 - What do you mean when you say you are a "skeptic"?
- 10:52 - In what ways do atheists misuse science and skepticism in their attacks against Christianity?
- 12:15 - In what ways is someone like Richard Dawkins wrong about the black and white nature of science?
- 16:53 - What's the difference between science and scientism?
- 18:40 - How does morality fit into the typical atheistic worldview?
- 21:10 - How would you respond to an atheist who says, "I have a morality and can behave morally"?
- 22:04 - What do you hope will happen to the skeptic who decides to read your book?