Author Interview: Matt Harmon on Asking the Right Questions in Bible Study
- 0:13 – Introduction
- 0:50 – Why did you write this book?
- 2:26 – What effect has the handout you wrote (which inspired Asking the Right Questions) had on students and people in your church?
- 3:14 – How can we make sense of the complexities in Scripture?
- 6:00 – How does our fallen condition affect how we approach biblical passages?
- 7:36 – What are some of the drawbacks of the more common ways of reading the Bible?
- 9:19 – How does your book intersect with the idea of not just "me and the Lord," but "me, the Lord, and the community"?
- 12:07 – What can we learn from Jesus about how to read the Bible?
- 14:42 – What is your hope and prayer for people who read Asking the Right Questions?
Asking the Right Questions
Matthew S. Harmon
This incisive and accessible book trains Bible readers to ask the right questions when reading God's Word to help them understand and apply the text to their lives.
10 Things You Should Know about Reading the Bible
The Bible is a story, not simply a collection of religious sayings or an anthology of various people’s religious experiences. The Bible tells us the true story of the world, the way things truly are and should be.
4 Questions You Should Ask When Reading the Bible
What we get out of the Bible largely depends on the kinds of questions we ask when reading the text. But how do we know what are the right questions to ask?
Why Do I Struggle to Read the Bible Consistently?
Sometimes we think of Bible reading as a duty, rather than a grand invitation to encounter the living God by opening the pages of Scripture, reading it, seeing him, and understanding more of who he is and how we should follow him.