Watch the recent interview above with Justin Taylor and Tom Nelson as they discuss Nelson's new book Work Matters: Connecting Sunday Worship to Monday Work.
- 0:20 – Nelson's heart behind the book
- 1:48 – Reasoning behind including short work testimonies in the book
- 2:39 – The importance of a correct theology of work
- 4:24 – Creating an environment that encourages a transformative theology of work
- 7:12 – Comments on James Davison Hunter's "Faithful Presence"
- 9:15 – Defining work in light of unemployment
- 12:03 – Thanks and wrap up
From the very beginning of Scripture we see that the one true God is not a couch potato God, nor did he create a couch potato world.
It is all too easy for us to overlook the fact that Jesus knew what it meant to get up and go to work every day.