In this video, Justin Taylor sits down with Lydia Brownback to discuss her new book, Finding God in My Loneliness.
- 0:00 – Who did you write Finding God in My Loneliness for?
- 00:53 – What is it about loneliness in particular that makes us want to not even talk about it?
- 1:50 – What is the definition of loneliness?
- 3:39 – What do you think about Jesus's relationship to loneliness?
- 4:35 – Can you share your story related to thinking about the holidays and how it pertains to some misperceptions about loneliness?
- 7:01 – How has contemporary culture and technology changed the experience of loneliness?
- 10:41 – If somebody were to come to you and say, "I can't shake this perpetual sense of loneliness," how would you begin to counsel them?