In this video, Sam Storms sits down with Justin Taylor to discuss his new book, Kept for Jesus: What the New Testament Really Teaches about Assurance of Salvation and Eternal Security.
- 00:00 - How did you come up with your new book’s title, Kept for Jesus?
- 00:32 - How do terms like “eternal security,” “perseverance,” and “assurance” relate to one another?
- 02:53 - What do different theological positions teach about eternal security?
- 05:13 - How would you respond to the claim that the Arminian perspective seems most consistent with our experience of seeing people fall away from the faith?
- 09:04 - Is assurance of salvation normative for the Christian life?
- 12:15 - Who do you envision using this book?