Powerful and Time-Tested Truths
The Crossway Short Classics series introduces a new generation of readers to classic works of the faith in travel size booklets that are devotionally written, historically significant, and presently applicable to the daily Christian life. Each volume is a timeless Christian work that speaks as powerfully and truthfully about the Christian life as it did in its own day. This series will apply profound biblical wisdom to issues such as depression, sin, and temptation, encouraging even the lowliest of hearts to look to Jesus.
New and Forthcoming Editions
- Encouragement for the Depressed by Charles Spurgeon (October 2020)
- The Expulsive Power of a New Affection by Thomas Chalmers (October 2020)
- Heaven Is a World of Love by Jonathan Edwards (October 2020)
- The Emotional Life of Our Lord by B. B. Warfield (Forthcoming)
- The Lord’s Word in the Lord’s Way and No Little People by Francis A. Schaeffer (Forthcoming)
- Growing in Christ by John Newton (Forthcoming)
- Fighting for Holiness by J. C. Ryle (Forthcoming)
When Edwards came to preach in Enfield, God blessed the preaching of his Word in an extraordinary manner.
It was January 31, 1892, and after twenty-four years of ill health, the ‘Prince of Preachers’ went to be with the Lord, aged just fifty-seven.
Spurgeon possessed an ability to use humor from the pulpit and in his life as a weapon.
Dane Ortlund looks back on the life and theology of famed pastor-theologian, Jonathan Edwards, gleaning wisdom that we can learn from him nearly 300 years later.