- I know how you feel.
- I understand.
- You’re lucky that _____.
- It’ll take some time, but you’ll get over it.
- Tell me more details about what happened.
- I can imagine how you feel.
- Don’t worry, it’s going to be all right.
- Try to be strong.
- Out of tragedies, good things happen.
- Time heals all wounds.
- It was God’s will.
- You need to forgive and move on.
- Calm down and try to relax.
- You should get on with your life.
- I believe you.
- Thank you for telling me.
- How can I help?
- I’m glad you’re talking with me.
- I’m glad you’re safe now.
- It wasn’t your fault.
- Your reaction is not an uncommon response.
- It’s understandable you feel that way.
- You’re not going crazy; these are normal reactions.
- Things may not ever be the same, but they can get better.
- It’s OK to cry.
- I can’t imagine how terrible your experience must have been.
- I’m sorry this happened to you.
From Rid of My Disgrace by Justin and Lindsey Holcomb.
- Are you Prepared to Minister to Victims of Sexual Assault? (Justin S. Holcomb, Lindsey A. Holcomb)
- Gospel Healing VS. Self-Help (Justin S. Holcomb, Lindsey A. Holcomb)