Resources Related to Abortion and the Sanctity of Life
The Immeasurable Worth of Humans Made in the Image of God
In light of the recent ruling by the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, we wanted to highlight a number of resources that will help Christians to understand the truths of the pro-life position, to articulate that message, and to truly reflect on the sanctity of life.
- Free Ebook: The Case for Life
- Podcast: Roe v. Wade Has Been Overturned. Now What?
- Audio Essay: 10 Things You Should Know about Abortion
- Featured Article: An Open Letter to a Young Woman Contemplating an Abortion
- Free Chapters on Abortion
- Articles related to Abortion
- Podcasts related to Abortion
- A New Resource Coming Soon: The Story of Abortion in America
Free Ebook: The Case for Life
The Case for Life provides intellectual grounding for the pro-life convictions that most evangelicals hold. Author Scott Klusendorf first simplifies the debate: the sanctity of life is not a morally complex issue. It's not about choice, privacy, or scientific progress. To the contrary, the debate turns on one key question: What is the unborn?
During this time we would like to make The Case for Life free as an ebook. Click below for your free download.
The Case for Life
Download the free ebook in PDF, EPUB, or MOBI format to read on your preferred digital device, including smart phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
PDF | MOBI | EPUB
Podcast: Roe v. Wade Has Been Overturned. Now What? (Scott Klusendorf)
In this episode of The Crossway Podcast, Scott Klusendorf talks about what the Supreme Court's ruling means for the pro-life cause and how it should impact how we, as Christians, seek to advocate for the lives of the unborn in our communities.
Listen Now: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Audio Essay: 10 Things You Should Know about Abortion
Does each and every human being have an equal right to life? Scott Klusendorf provides ten important truths related to the pro-life position and the argument against abortion.
Read Now: 10 Things You Should Know about Abortion
Featured Article: An Open Letter to a Young Woman Contemplating an Abortion
Perhaps you are on the verge of a deeply significant decision about ending your pregnancy. Leah Savas writes a thoughtful letter to women facing the option of abortion with three reasons why that decision isn't as personal as you might think.
Read Now: An Open Letter to a Young Woman Contemplating an Abortion
Free Chapters on Abortion
The following are excerpts from other books that help explain the empty promises offered by abortion and what it means that we are created in the image and likeness of God.
Labor with Hope: Gospel Meditations on Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Motherhood
Gloria Furman shares how earlier in life she considered abortion to be a “sad, but necessary choice” but was driven to a different conclusion after becoming a Christian.
Cultural Counterfeits: Confronting 5 Empty Promises of Our Age and How We Were Made for So Much More
Jen Oshman encourages women to reject cultural idols like abortion offer and embrace something much more satisfying. She spends one chapter unpacking the argument "my body, my choice" that has ultimately proven to be an empty promise.
What the Bible Says about Abortion, Euthanasia, and End-of-Life Medical Decisions
Wayne Grudem demonstrates in this accessible booklet that because humans were created in God’s image, life should be treasured and preserved at all stages. The first half of this book is devoted to abortion.
Articles Related to Abortion
- 10 Things You Should Know about Abortion (Scott Klusendorf)
- 5 Myths about Abortion (Scott Klusendorf)
- How to Defend Pro-Life Views in 5 Minutes (Scott Klusendorf)
- Why We Can Be Hopeful about the Pro-Life Movement (Russell Moore)
- The Church’s Role in Making Abortion Unthinkable and Unnecessary (Jen Oshman)
- How You Can Help End Abortion (Russell Moore)
- 3 Things the Pro-Life Movement Needs to Do to Stop Abortion (Scott Klusendorf)
On Sanctity of Life
- Why It Matters How We Treat Unborn Children (Wayne Grudem)
- 5 Questions about the Sanctity of Life (Wayne Grudem)
- Scientific Evidence for the Personhood of Unborn Children (Wayne Grudem)
- Why Planned Parenthood and the Kingdom of Christ Are at Odds (Russell Moore)
- How to Biblically Defend the Sanctity of Life (Wayne Grudem)
- Act Like the Human that You Are (Francis A. Schaeffer, C. Everett Koop)
- 10 Things You Should Know about Adoption (Russell Moore)
- Adoption and Spiritual Warfare (Russell Moore)
- Adoption Isn't Charity—It's War (Russell Moore)
- Adoption's Formidable Enemy (Russell Moore)
- How to Cultivate a Culture of Adoption (Russell Moore)
- 7 Tips to Help Your Church Support Adoption (Russell Moore)
On Supporting Someone Who Has Had an Abortion or Is Considering One
- An Open Letter to a Young Woman Contemplating an Abortion (Leah Savas)
- Abortion and the Forgiveness of God (Wayne Grudem)
- What to Say to Someone Who Has Had an Abortion (Russell Moore)
On Handling Political Disagreements
- What Did Jesus Teach about Politics? (Hunter Baker)
- 3 Causes for Political Tension between Christians (Jonathan Leeman, Andrew David Naselli)
- Loving Others through Political Difference (Jonathan Leeman, Andrew David Naselli)
Podcasts Related to Abortion
- The Heart of the Abortion Debate (Scott Klusendorf)
- Confronting the Idols of Body Image, Sex, Abortion, and Motherhood (Jen Oshman)
- Why Every Christian Should Care about Adoption (Russell Moore)
- How Should Christians Navigate Political Disagreements among Friends? (Jonathan Leeman)
A New Resource Coming Soon
The Story of Abortion in America
Marvin Olasky, Leah Savas
Authors Marvin Olasky and Leah Savas detail the long history of abortion and its impact on American culture through vivid personal stories that humanize people on both sides of the debate.